The countdown to the September 16 Live Auction event has started. This event is unique in 2 ways: (1) the live auction is focused only on sites that are either already developed or in development, and (2) the event content is designed for a diverse audience of professionals from real estate, hedge funds, venture capital, investment managers, and merchant banking, as well as veteran domainers.
The live auction begins on Thursday, September 16 at 1:30 pm PT
The September 16 auction is a featured event of the 3 day Epik Developer Conference in Seattle, September 15-17. The auction is run by Moniker.com. The planning is being jointly spearheaded by Michele Van Tilborg of Moniker and the Epik team. Here is the time-table for the weeks leading up to the live event:
- Featured auction inventory is selected – July 31
- Start of media campaign – August 3
- Auction list is finalized – August 3
- Targeted pre-sales of approved premium inventory – starting August 10
- Press campaign with final auction inventory and start of online pre-bidding (August 31)
- Pre-auction notification (September 15)
- Live auction on Thursday, September 16 from 1:30 pm PT
The auction will be live at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle. In addition to live participation, remote bidding will be possible via Proxibid. The live auction will feature 100 listings. In addition to the Live auction, an extended auction will be conducted for an additional 200 properties.
Selling your development grade domains
Epik still has several openings for domain submissions for both the Live auction and the extended auction. To be eligible for inclusion in the September auction events, a site should be any one of the following:
– Is a com with an appraised value of $25,000 or more on Appraise.Epik.com
– Is a .net with an appraised value of $5,000 or more on Appraise.Epik.com
– Is .co, .co.uk, .tv., info, or ,org with at least 5,000 exact matches
– Is currently getting at least 100 monthly unique visitors
– Is currently earning at least $50 in monthly revenue
– Is in the top 5 positions on Google for the exact match term.
To submit a development-grade domain for inclusion in the auction process, contact me at rob -at- epik.com.
If you have not registered for the conference, space is limited, so secure your spot here. Register before July 31, and take advantage of a $500 incentive.