The recent launch of the Epik Marketplace has generated a great deal of interest in registering domains with Epik. Why? Aside from offering a full-service customer-friendly registrar, domains that are registered at Epik are able to list in the Epik Marketplace and be visible to a fast-growing audience of predominantly end-users. There have been a number of questions on how to transfer domains into Epik. GoDaddy is one of the main places from where users are transferring domains. It turns out that transferring from GoDaddy into Epik is really quite easy. Here are the steps for migrating a large number of domains from GoDaddy to Epik:
1. Login to your Godaddy Account
2. Click on the Manage All link
3. Select the Domains you want to Transfer
4. Click on the Lock Icon
5. Choose the Off option and click on Save
6. Click on the More Icon
7. Click on the Export List link
8. Enter a name for the list, and choose Select Domains from the Domain List dropdown. Then click the Next button.
9. You can select the columns you want from the Columns list, but please make sure that the Authorization Codes is selected
10. Choose CSV and select None from the dropdown and click Finish
11. You will get a confirmation message like the one below:
12. Wait for a few minutes, and click on the More icon and click on Manage Exportable Lists
13. Click on the Download Icon to download the list
14. Open the downloaded CSV file in a spreadsheet software like Excel and delete the unwanted columns leaving only the Domain Name and the auth codes columns
15. Now login to your epik.com account in a new browser tab / window
16. Go to the transfer domains page by visiting /transfer
17. Enter the domain names and auth codes copied from the CSV list file and click on the Next Step button
18. Click on the Continue Button
19. Accept the Terms and click Checkout and checkout using your payment method on the next page.
20. Now go back to your godaddy account and click on Domains on the top menu. Then click on Transfers
21. Click on Pending Transfers Out. If you have started the transfers at Epik, the domains will show up here after a while. Select the domains and click on the Accept / Decline button on the top which will become active when you select the domains.
Once you have accepted the transfers at godaddy, the transfers should complete in a short while and the domains will show up in your Epik account. You can refresh your Epik account or check after a couple of minutes / hours.
If you face any issues at any point, you can always reach us via chat, email or phone.
Note on Registrar Locking: Many registrars make it difficult to transfer a domain out of their registrar. Epik will always cooperate with transfer-out requests and in most cases will release a domain within 24 hours rather than the customary 5 day wait period. We do not and will not arbitrarily registrar-lock your domain unless required to do so by ICANN or UDRP. If your registrar has a registrar-lock on your domain and your domain is more than 60 days old, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with navigating your registrar’s locking policy.